It seems like more than ever before, the road to political success is dependent on how much money the candidate can raise. Our Presidential candidates are in full money-raising swing, with the 1% getting special access to both Obama and Romney. If you have the cash, here is listing of the “special access” you could get with a potential or current President:
- For a mere $40,000 per person, you might get invited to George Clooney or Sarah Jessica Parker’s house for an intimate dinner with the President. Sarah would probably throw in a Blu Ray copy of Sex And The City II.
- For $35,800 you can attend a dinner with 24 others and the President. If I were so inclined I’d pay the extra $4200 to hang with Clooney.
- $25,000 gets an invite to the home of Glee creator Ryan Murphy for dinner with the Prez. Hopefully the President would thrill the crowd with a little “Al Green” for dessert.
- $5000 gets an invite with 249 others for lunch with Obama.
Mitt’s events lack the celebrity punch, but also might get you closer access.
- If you are a “bundler” and help raise $500,000 you get to go to the Presidential debates. I prefer to Tivo them, and watch with a good bottle of Pinot.
- $50,000 potentially gets you a private dinner with the candidate. I recommend BYOB. You can probably also bring your wife – or wives depending on your religious affiliation.
- $10,000 gets you access to a private reception, and a picture with Mitt. If you have photoshop you might not need this.
Of course, it’s difficult to blame the candidates for this ridiculous situation. Politics have devolved to a point where money is the key to winning, and so our politician’s efforts have shifted from creating good government to holding great parties.