For those of you playing the online savings game to maximize interest while staying within FDIC limits, here is an interest rate update on a few of my favorite accounts:
- Amex Savings – 1.85%. This is one of my favorite accounts. A great interest rate, easy to set up, nice site to navigate, from a well-known name.
- Everbank – 1.77%. This is a new account for me. It was a bit time consuming to set up, but the site is quite professional and was easy to use once it was set up.
- Ally Bank – 1.7%. The old GMAC Bank has a fresh coat of paint. Nice, very easy to use site, a good rate (check their CD rates too), and professional to deal with.
- Capital One – 1.6%. Join this through Costco’s site for the bonus and interest bonus. A great site, easy to use, with a good Quicken download.
- WT Bank – 1.51%. Another new one for me. It was a bit difficult to set up, but once done is a OK site to use and navigate.
Those are the top five, and if you need even more choices that offer slightly lower rates take a look at FNBO, Zion, HSBC, and Emigrant. Set up your online transfers and move money for safety and return.